Monday, June 7, 2010

tot school - letter x & random

Tot School
Noah is 20 months old.

I will apologize upfront for my lack of pictures this week. Despite me never seeming to have the camera around, we finally really had a great week of tot school:)

Xx is for x-ray
For Noah's letter page, I tried to tape off a negative space painting to look kind of like an x-ray of a hand. We painted the whole black construction sheet with white paint using a pipe cleaner...

Certainly not the prettiest page in our letter book, but Noah enjoyed making it:)

I printed off x-ray cards from Chasing Marcus and Noah enjoyed going over those all week. He has known his body parts for a while, but seeing just the x-ray pictures was a new challenge for him!

I also made a face "puzzle" for Noah to review the parts of the face. **Please don't laugh at my VERY lacking artistic skills!!** It was also a good opportunity to review that we have two of some things. Noah put this picture together without any help..I was proud of his placement!
Sorry this picture is sideways..can't get it fixed.

Noah also worked on a more difficult puzzle to review body parts. (Sorry I forgot a picture!) I think it has 6 or 8 pieces and they are not the chunky-style he usually works with. Those were getting really easy for him, so a $1 Target find was a perfect way to test his readiness to move up. He did really well with the new puzzle by the end of the week, though he is still having trouble fitting the pieces together exactly.

Finally, we made Xx's out of bones:) Not real bones...I cut different sized bone shapes out of cardstock and Noah had to match up their lengths, then make Xx's. This was a big hit, so I hate I didn't get a picture:(


Other fun things Noah did this week included:
*Coloring a birthday card for his Papa (my dad)
*Play outside...A LOT! He worked on learning how to peddle his tricycle, splashed in his water table, and helped his Granny pull weeds in her flower beds.
*Read LOTS of like-new books (I switched around his book basket)

A couple of other things around here...
*Thanks a million for the behavior advice last week! As you can see, Noah was much happier this week, although the twos are here to stay:) I'm really working on choosing my battles and keeping his routine as predictable as possible...the latter especially seems to do wonders with his attitude.
*We're moving again! Actually we'll be moving back to my great-grandmothers old house that we lived in last year. I'm SUPER excited...while the move out was necessary at the time, we just aren't happy in our current place. We are beyond thankful that we have the opportunity to move back to such a wonderful (albeit small!) place. Hopefully things will go smoothly and we'll be settled in completely by the end of the week.

That being said, who knows what our tot school will look like next week. If I have anything to share, I'll be here, but if not, we'll be back asap when we get settled back in. Hope you all are having a fabulous summer so far, and we'll see ya when we see ya!

See what others have been up to in Tot School and share you own ideas at 1+1+1=1!

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Looks a great week! Must be hard thinking of things to do for the letter X lol! x