Tuesday, September 22, 2009

party boy:)

Noah's first birthday party was a blast! With just our families and closest friends, we had a comfortable, no pressure celebration and made lots of special memories...just like a first birthday party should be!!

Noah had fun showing off his special birthday duds:) Let me just say, Rachel from The Golden Shop was AMAZING to work with!! I actually won the bib you'll see in later pictures in a giveaway, and just added the t-shirt and party hat to the order. I HIGHLY recommend her...her work is exceptional, customer service is the best, and she does every little detail exactly how you want it....right down to the sprinkles on the cupcake on the bib!

The bib also has his name on the bottom...I just couldn't get a better picture of it. But I adored Noah's special birthday clothes, and I look forward to ordering from Rachel again:)

So back to the party...Noah had a great time playing with his cousins:)

But sadly, there was a shortage of presents and Noah didn't really receive much....HA!
We kept everything really simple...making the decorations, food, and cake/cupcakes from scratch. Which is just how I like it:) And thank goodness for my mom letting us have the party at her house! Our little place would have never held our HUGE families since rain forced our cookout inside.

But Noah had as much fun tearing into tissue paper...

And ripping wrapping paper...
As he did with his actual gifts! So thankfully he had LOTS of paper to tear up:)

But when it came to his cake, Noah was not so sure...

Jimmy graciously offered to get messy with him in the floor since Noah's regular highchair was at home..

But as you can see from this shot, Noah was not too fond of the mess!
He totally freaked out when he got the icing on his hands...poor little guy. So much for the messy cake picture!

Oh well...if I have to just settle for this shot of him in his birthday hat, I think I'll be okay:)

1 comment:

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Oh, what fun, Lauren! And I love Noah's specially made birthday ensemble. It's so darn cute ... just like him!

Enjoy this next phase of growth, exploration, and fun.

I hope all's well...