Tuesday, June 16, 2009

welcome home, part 1

**I decided to participate in Kelly's Korner "Show Us Where You Live Friday" with this old post. FYI - It also includes pictures of my living room after our master bedroom pictures.

-------------------------

Alright folks...prepare for picture overload:) I decided halfway through uploading all. these. pictures. to break this tour of our new house into several parts. Not sure how many there will be...maybe three? Who knows...it may take several weeks to get through it all because we are headed to the beach Friday afternoon, but at least you'll get to see part 1 now!

I hope that you enjoy this little tour. You will most definitely see much more beautiful homes out there, but for our first home, I'm pretty darn proud of it:) Also, I didn't really intend on starting things out with our bedroom..but that's what happens when you don't plan ahead I guess. Oh well..here we go!


View from the doorway..

The rooms are tiny here, which is why the bed is against the wall..
I love our bedroom suit...I bought it right before we got married. The bedding actually is from *gasp* Pottery Barn. That was a gift from Jimmy for our wedding. For spring/summer we just use the quilt, but for fall/winter we have a duvet and all to keep nice and toasty:)

Of course, Jimmy was pumped to buy a new skinny television for this dresser when we moved...typical man huh? haha:)

The bigger picture was for our church directory...we actually used it as our "engagement" photos because they were taken several months before we were married. The picture of us at the beach is maybe 5 or 6 years old...I think it was our first beach trip together:)

I LOVE out window seat area!! These pillow shams are the same print as our fall/winter duvet cover, and we use them on the bed at that time too. I'm not sure what I'll put in the window seat then..

Lastly, our nightstand..

This picture was from our *real* honeymoon at Disney World right before Christmas 2007 (we got married in October, but took the big trip in December). We are in front of the Christmas tree at Epcot, proudly wearing our "Just Married" buttons:)
So that's our bedroom! Now on to the living room...

Just a disclaimer...this is what the living room floor typically looks like, just in case you were wondering:)

Because our house is very old (it was my great-grandmother's, in case you didn't catch that detail before), every room has an actual door, including the living room. I've been in love with all the pretty tassels I've been seeing around, so I made one for myself..
I think it turned out pretty good for my first attempt! But anyway...this is on our living room door.

Our DVD cabinet..Jimmy's dad made this many years ago, and he inherited it. I gave it the black distressed facelift several months ago..

Seashells in the hurricane glass = summer:)

Before I got pregnant, I worked at Curves for about a year...a close mentor-type woman from my church owns all of the Curves in our county, and that became my part-time job. Anyway..another lady that worked there PT also did custom framing, and framed our wedding invitation as a gift for me:)

This shows our front door, too..which is red, by the way..but I didn't copy you Linda!! It came that way already:) Anyway..at some point I'll share the outside area too..we plan on working on the landscaping when we return from the beach.

Yes..that frame is empty - thanks for noticing:) I've got plans for a black and white family beach picture for it. And that isn't a stain on the little runner...my Pepsi sweated on it:) Oh and the end table was another rehab project I did awhile back.

This is a tray my mom got me several years ago for Christmas. I love it hanging on the wall!
But..I think I want a mirror behind that table. What do you think?

I want to put the tray where the two small pictures are here..

I like the family and Noah shots, but I feel like they're small for that space.

This is another table I repainted and distressed..

I just realized my lampshade is crooked. Oh well:)

This is the best smelling candle EVER! A yummy Paula Deen ala Walmart special:)

Jimmy's real pride and joy..

This is probably my favorite area in the whole home..

I really love the displays...I don't think I'll ever want to change them.

We are planning on having gas logs by wintertime...my grandmother has extra ones that she isn't using. I love my family:)

The little built-in shelves are nice too..


Well..that concludes part 1 of the tour! Stay tuned for the kitchen, bathroom, office/hall and Noah's room. We also have a sunroom-esque space that will eventually be a playroom for Noah. It currently houses the remaining remodeling junk and trash. I'm really hoping all of that will be done by the time we get back from the beach too. There are just a few small projects left that we aren't doing ourselves..

----------------------------------------

Noah turns 9 months old..well today since I'm typing this at 1:00am! We have a doctor's appointment for his checkup today too, so I'll also be working on a monthly update post for him too.

I may or may not get all of that in before we leave Friday afternoon...we'll see! If not, you'll hear from us after we've sunned our buns for a whole glorious week:) Until next time, then..

6 comments:

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Hi Lauren,

Your new home is so lovely!! I can se you have put your special touches on it already. I love all the built in details like the window seat and bookcases next to the fireplace.

Have fun at the beach and give that sweet boy a hug for me!!

hugs, Linda

•♦•©The Olde Weeping Cedar •♦• said...

What a beautiful new home, Lauren!
Already 'touched' with lots of LOVE, I see :) It looks so homey and cozy.
I love "old" homes. There's just something "warm" and unique about them.....
I can't wait to see more.
Your bedroom furnishings are lovely!
Noah is growing so fast...He's just so sweet ;)
Have a beautiful week.
hugs-Kath

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Lauren, I just love your new home!! I am oohing and aahing over your special touches and wonderful architecture of your old home. I wish mine had that. I have a 1960's home that was added on recently. Not much detail here. LOL Can't wait to see more!

Can't believe Noah is 9 months. The time goes by so fast, doesn't it? Have a great week!

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

I am loving your new home Lauren!! I am so amazed Noah is 9 months old today!!! Logan is 6 months today as well!! Time does fly for sure!!! Have a wonderful time at the beach!! We leave Sunday for the Cape!!! Take care!~hugs~Wendy

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

As I suspected, you've already created a warm and inviting home, Lauren. Thanks so much for giving us all a peek inside. I look forward to the next installments. (As well as trying out one of those PD candles.)

And I just can't believe Noah is 9 months old already! Oh the fun that awaits you guys! Get ready...

Enjoy your beach time, my friend!

Never So Simple said...

Noah is growing up so fast, and as cute as ever! I love your new home it is so inviting and I love the all the built ins. I am looking forward to seeing more.

Have a great time at the beach.

Donna